- 8 slices light whole – grain bread (approximately 50 calories per slice)
- 1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (used ps whey vanilla cake)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 TBSP. Granulated stevia
- 2 TSP. Cinnamon (adjust according to taste)
- 3/4 TSP. Ground nutmeg pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, whites, milk, pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until smooth. Slowly whisk in protein powder and mix until well blended.
- Spray large skillet pan with nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Soak each slice of bread on both sides in egg mixture and place onto pre-heated skillet.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on the underside and then flip. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on the underside. NOTE: You might need to adjust cooking time depending upon the heat of your cooking surface.
- Once cooked, remove French toast from pan and set aside. Repeat the process until all French toast is cooked. Enjoy
Optional: Top with your favorite sugar-free syrup and/or fresh fruit (not included in nutrition data).
Nutrition Data Per Serving (recipe serves four):
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 22 grams (7 grams fiber)
- Fat: 4.5 grams